The Portland Trail Blazers (38-29) host the San Antonio Spurs (32-34) as 4.5-point favorites after Damian Lillard racked up 38 points in the Trail Blazers’ 106-101 victory over the Lakers. The matchup airs on NBCS-NW at 10:00 PM ET on Saturday, May 8, 2021. The point total in the matchup is 229.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of May 8, 2021, 6:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Trail Blazers vs Spurs Betting Odds
Trail Blazers vs Spurs Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of May 8
Zach Collins: Out For Season (Ankle)
Derrick White: Out For Season (Ankle),
Trey Lyles: Out (Ankle)
Trail Blazers and Spurs Records ATS
- Portland has put together a 34-33 record against the spread this season.
- The Trail Blazers have an even record against the spread when favored by at least 4.5 points, going 12-12 this season.
- Portland and its opponents have hit the over in 35 of 67 games this season (52.2%).
- San Antonio has outpaced the spread so far this season with a record of 36-29-1.
- The Spurs hold an even 7-7 record against the spread this season when they enter a game as at least a 4.5-point underdog.
- Half of San Antonio’s 66 games this season have topped the over/under.
Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Head to Head
In their last meeting, the Trail Blazers defeated the Spurs 107-106. CJ McCollum led the Trail Blazers with 29 points, and DeMar DeRozan paced the Spurs with 26. The Trail Blazers covered the spread as 1.5-point underdogs, and the teams scored 213 total points to finish under on the 229-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|4/16/2021||Spurs||Spurs||-1.5||229||-121||101||Regular Season||107-106 POR*|
|1/18/2021||Spurs||Trail Blazers||-1.5||226||-122||102||Regular Season||125-104 SA*|
Spurs: Derrick White
- In Portland’s matchups this season, the Trail Blazers and their opponents have exceeded Saturday’s over/under of 229.5 points 33 times (49.3% of opportunities).
- In 21 out of San Antonio’s 66 games this year (31.8%), the competing teams combined for more points than the over/under in Saturday’s matchup.
- On average, the Trail Blazers have seen a 230 over/under in their games this season, 0.5 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this matchup is 6.9 points more than the average over/under in Spurs’ games this season (222.6 points).
- The Trail Blazers have an average implied point total of 117.6 this season, which is 0.6 points higher than their implied total in Saturday’s game (117).
- Portland has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (117) 31 times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Spurs (114.3) is 1.3 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (113).
- San Antonio has scored more than 113 points in 27 games this season.
- The Trail Blazers are at the fifth spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (115.6 PPG), while the Spurs allow the 15th-fewest points per game (111.8) in the league.
- The Trail Blazers have totaled 74 more points than their opponents this season (1.2 per game on average), while the Spurs have been out-scored by 69 total points (one per game average differential).
Trail Blazers Leaders
- The Trail Blazers points and assists leader is Lillard. He racks up 28.6 points per game and contributes 7.6 assists.
- Lillard’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 37.5, 2.8 less than his season average of 40.3.
- Enes Kanter paces Portland with 11.2 rebounds per game.
- Kanter’s rebounding prop over/under for the matchup is set at 8.5 boards, 2.7 rebounds less than his season average of 11.2.
- Lillard is the top three-point shooter for the Trail Blazers, connecting on 4.1 per game.
- Lillard’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 3.5, 0.6 shots less than his season average of 4.1.
- Robert Covington racks up 1.4 steals and 1.2 blocks per game, both team-high averages.
- Covington’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 0.5, 0.9 steals lower than his season average of 1.4.
- DeRozan holds the top spot on the Spurs scoring and assist lists, tallying 21.5 points and 7.2 assists per game.
- DeRozan’s assists prop over/under for the game is listed at 8.5 assists, 1.3 assists higher than his season average of 7.2.
- Jakob Poeltl collects all of the boards and is the San Antonio leader in rebounds, getting 7.9 per game.
- Poeltl’s rebounding prop total for the matchup is set at 7.5 boards, 0.4 rebounds lower than his season average of 7.9.
- Patty Mills is tops from three-point range for the Spurs, hitting 2.3 threes per game.
- Mills’ three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.8 shots lower than his season average of 2.3.
- Nobody on San Antonio grabs more steals than Dejounte Murray (1.5 per game) or blocks more shots than Poeltl (1.7 per game).
- Murray’s steals prop total for the game is set at 1.5, equal to his season average of 1.5.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from