The Orlando Magic (20-44) are underdogs against the Detroit Pistons (19-45) at Little Caesars Arena on Monday, May 3. The game tips at 7:00 PM ET on BSDET. The matchup has an over/under of points.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of May 3, 2021, 6:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Pistons vs Magic Betting Odds
Pistons vs Magic Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of May 3
Wayne Ellington: Day To Day (Calves),
Cory Joseph: Day To Day (Ankle),
Rodney McGruder: Out (Elbow),
Jahlil Okafor: Day To Day (Personal),
Dennis Smith Jr.: Day To Day (Knee),
Hamidou Diallo: Day To Day (Knee),
Jerami Grant: Day To Day (Knee)
Jonathan Isaac: Out For Season (Knee),
Terrence Ross: Out (Back),
Otto Porter Jr.: Out (Foot),
Devin Cannady: Out For Season (Ankle),
Chuma Okeke: Out (Ankle),
James Ennis III: Out (Calf),
Markelle Fultz: Out For Season (Knee),
Michael Carter-Williams: Out (Ankle)
Pistons and Magic Records ATS
- Detroit has played to a 32-28-2 record against the spread this season.
- When favored by at least 2 points, the Pistons are 3-1 against the spread this season.
- Only 28 of 62 Detroit games this season (45.2%) resulted in a total more than the contest’s over/under.
- Orlando holds a losing record ATS this season with 30 wins, 32 losses, and two ties ATS.
- For the 10th time this season, the Magic are at least a 2-point underdog, where they have a record of 5-4 against the spread.
- Orlando and its opponents have regularly hit the over this season, doing so in 53.1% (34) of its 64 games played.
Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/23/2021||Magic||Magic||-4.5||210.5||-186||154||Regular Season||105-93 DET|
|2/21/2021||Magic||Magic||-3||210.5||-155||128||Regular Season||105-96 ORL|
- Detroit and its opponents have gone over Monday’s 213.5 total in 37 out of 64 games (57.8%) this year.
- In 59.4% of Orlando’s games this season (38 of 64), the total points scored was higher than Monday’s 213.5-point over/under.
- This season, the average total for Pistons games is 218.2 points, 4.7 more than the over/under of 213.5 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is 2.7 points fewer than the average over/under in Magic’s games this season (216.2 points).
- The Pistons have an average implied point total of 112.2 this season, which is 4.2 points higher than their implied total in Monday’s game (108).
- This season, Detroit has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (108) 30 times.
- The Magic’s average implied point total on the season (112.3 points) is 6.3 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (106 points).
- Orlando has scored more than this game’s implied total of 106 points 27 times this season.
- The Pistons are the league’s 26th-highest scoring team (107.1 PPG), while the Magic allow the 17th-fewest points per game (112.2) in NBA play.
- The Pistons have a -255-point scoring differential on the season (-4 per game). The Magic have also been out-scored by opponents on average this year (-528 total points, -8.2 per game).
- Jerami Grant leads the Pistons scoring 22.5 points per game.
- Grant’s points prop over/under for the game is set at 24.5, 2.0 points higher than his season average of 22.5.
- Mason Plumlee paces Detroit with 9.3 rebounds a game and Killian Hayes leads the team with 4.8 assists per outing.
- Hayes’ PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 20.5, 7.6 greater than his season average of 12.9.
- Wayne Ellington is the top three-point shooter for the Pistons, connecting on 2.5 per game.
- Ellington’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 1.0 shot lower than his season average of 2.5.
- Hayes leads the team with 1.2 steals per game. Isaiah Stewart collects 1.2 blocks a game to pace Detroit.
- Stewart’s blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, 1.3 blocks higher than his season average of 1.2.
- The Magic leader in scoring is Terrence Ross with 15.6 points per game. He also adds 3.4 rebounds per game and 2.3 assists per game.
- Ross’ points prop total for the game is set at 17.5, 1.9 points higher than his season average of 15.6.
- When it comes to Orlando leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Wendell Carter Jr. with 8.1 rebounds per game and Cole Anthony with 4.3 assists per game.
- Carter’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 31.5, 9.9 greater than his season average of 21.6.
- Ross is tops from three-point range for the Magic, hitting 1.9 threes per game.
- Ross’ three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.4 shots less than his season average of 1.9.
- Nobody on Orlando grabs more steals than Chuma Okeke (1.1 per game) or blocks more shots than Mohamed Bamba (1.2 per game).
- Bamba’s blocks prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 1.3 blocks higher than his season average of 1.2.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from