The Brooklyn Nets (43-24) visit the Denver Nuggets (44-23) as 3-point favorites after Kyrie Irving went off for 45 points in the Nets’ 113-109 loss to the Mavericks. The matchup airs on NBA TV at 10:00 PM ET on Saturday, May 8, 2021. The matchup has an over/under of 230.5 points.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of May 8, 2021, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Nets vs Nuggets Betting Odds
Nets vs Nuggets Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of May 8
Chris Chiozza: Out (Hand),
James Harden: Out (Hamstring),
Spencer Dinwiddie: Out For Season (ACL)
Monte Morris: Out (Hamstring),
Will Barton: Out (Hamstring),
Zeke Nnaji: Out (Ankle),
Jamal Murray: Out For Season (Knee),
PJ Dozier: Out (Adductor)
Nets and Nuggets Records ATS
- Brooklyn is under .500 against the spread this season with a record of 32-34
- The Nets are 16-24 against the spread this season when they are at least a 3-point favorite.
- Brooklyn and its opponents have hit the over in 37 of 66 games this season (56.1%).
- Denver has a 32-35 record against the spread this season.
- For the 43rd time this season, the Nuggets are at least a 3-point underdog, where they have a record of 23-19 against the spread.
- 44.8% of Denver’s 67 games this season have stayed under the over/under.
Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Head to Head
The Nets got a team-high 34 points from Kevin Durant on the way to a 122-116 win against Nikola Jokic (23 points) and the Nuggets in their last matchup on January 12, 2021. The Nets were 1.5-point favorites in the game and covered the spread in the win. The teams put up a total of 238 total points to cover the 230.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/12/2021||Nets||Nets||-1.5||230.5||-122||102||Regular Season||122-116 BKN*|
Nuggets: Michael Porter Jr.
- Brooklyn’s games this year have resulted in a higher total score than Saturday’s matchup total (230.5 points) in 34 out of 67 opportunities (50.7% of matchups).
- In 23 out of Denver’s 67 games this year (34.3%), the competing teams combined for a higher point total than the total in Saturday’s matchup.
- This season, the average total for Nets games is 233 points, 2.5 more than the over/under of 230.5 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this matchup is 5.4 points more than the average over/under in Nuggets’ games this season (225.1 points).
- The Nets’ average implied point total this season is 1.9 more points than their implied total in Saturday’s game (118.9 implied points on average compared to 117 implied points in this game).
- This season, Brooklyn has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (117) 35 times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Nuggets (114.4) is 0.4 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (114).
- Denver has scored more than 114 points in 39 games this season.
- The Nets are the league’s second-highest scoring team (118.5 PPG), while the Nuggets allow the ninth-fewest points per game (109.9) in NBA play.
- The Nets have out-scored their opponents by a total of 270 points this season (four points per game on average), and the Nuggets have put up 348 more points than their opponents on the year (5.2 per game).
- James Harden leads the Nets in assists and rebounds. He puts up 10.9 assists and 8.0 rebounds per game.
- Harden’s rebounding prop total for the contest is listed at 7.5 boards, 0.5 rebounds less than his season average of 8.0.
- Durant paces Brooklyn with 28.0 points per game.
- Durant’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 42.5, 2.4 greater than his season average of 40.1.
- Joe Harris knocks down 3.1 threes per game to lead the Nets.
- Harris’ three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 3.5, 0.4 shots greater than his season average of 3.1.
- Irving leads the team with 1.4 steals per game. DeAndre Jordan collects 1.2 blocks a contest to pace Brooklyn.
- Jordan’s blocks prop total for the game is set at 0.5, 0.7 blocks lower than his season average of 1.2.
- Jokic has shown out this season to lead the Nuggets in points (26.4 per game), rebounds (10.9 per game), and assists (8.5 per game).
- Jokic’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is listed at 47.5, 1.7 greater than his season average of 45.8.
- Jamal Murray makes more threes per game than any other member of the Nuggets, cashing in 2.7 treys per game.
- Murray’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.2 shots less than his season average of 2.7.
- Denver’s Jokic has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.4 per game and JaVale McGee is first in blocks with 1.2 per game.
- Jokic’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.1 steals higher than his season average of 1.4.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from