The Brooklyn Nets (43-23) are favored () to end a three-game losing streak when they visit the Dallas Mavericks (37-28) at 7:30 PM ET on Thursday, May 6 at American Airlines Center. The contest airs on TNT. The matchup has an over/under set at points.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of May 6, 2021, 6:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Nets vs Mavericks Betting Odds
Nets vs Mavericks Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of May 6
Chris Chiozza: Out (Hand),
James Harden: Out (Hamstring),
Spencer Dinwiddie: Out For Season (ACL)
Tyrell Terry: Out (Personal),
Kristaps Porzingis: Out (Knee),
Maxi Kleber: Out (Achilles)
Nets and Mavericks Records ATS
- Brooklyn has covered the spread in less than half its games this season, putting together a record of 32-33 against the spread.
- When favored by at least 4 points, the Nets are 12-23 against the spread in 2020-21.
- Brooklyn and its opponents have hit the over in 37 of 65 games this season (56.9%).
- Dallas holds a losing record ATS this season with 31 wins and 34 losses ATS.
- The Mavericks only hold a 9-17 record against the spread this season when they enter a game as at least a 4-point underdog.
- 44.6% of Dallas’ 65 games this season have topped the over/under.
Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Head to Head
Luka Doncic (27 points) led the Mavericks past James Harden (29 points) and the Nets 115-98 in their last matchup on February 27, 2021. The Nets were favored by 1 point in the game, but the Mavericks covered the spread. The 213 total points in the matchup fell short of the 234-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/27/2021||Nets||Nets||-1||234||-114||-107||Regular Season||115-98 DAL*|
- 2/27/2021 DNP – Nets: Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving
- Brooklyn’s games this season have gone over the point total for Thursday’s matchup point total (233.5 points) in 45.5% of opportunities (30 out of 66 matchups).
- In 20 out of Dallas’ 65 games this season (30.8%), the competing teams combined for a higher point total than the point total in Thursday’s matchup.
- On average, the over/under in Nets games is 0.3 points fewer than the over/under of 233.5 points in this matchup.
- A difference of 11.4 points separates this game’s over/under (233.5 points) and the average total points bet in Mavericks’ games (222.1 points) this season.
- The average implied total for the Nets this season is 118.9 points, 0.1 fewer points than their implied total of 119 points in Thursday’s game.
- So far this season, Brooklyn has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (119) 31 times.
- The Mavericks’ average implied point total on the season (114.5 points) is 0.5 points lower than their implied total in this matchup (115 points).
- Dallas has scored more than 115 points 28 times this season.
- The Nets are the league’s second-highest scoring team (118.7 PPG), while the Mavericks allow the ninth-fewest points per game (110) in NBA play.
- The Nets have scored a total of 274 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 4.2 per game), and the Mavericks have out-scored opponents by 134 points on the season (2.1 more per game).
- Harden leads the Nets in both rebounds (8.0 per game) and assists (10.9 per game).
- Kevin Durant’s assists prop total for the matchup is posted at 9.5 assists, 1.4 assists lower than his season average of 10.9.
- Brooklyn’s scoring leader is Kevin Durant, who averages 28.3 points per game.
- Durant’s points prop total for the game is set at 32.5, 4.2 points higher than his season average of 28.3.
- The Nets are led by Joe Harris from beyond the arc. He hits 3.1 shots from deep per game.
- Harris’ three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.6 shots less than his season average of 3.1.
- Brooklyn’s blocks leader is Nicolas Claxton, who collects 1.2 per game. Kyrie Irving leads the team averaging 1.4 steals a game.
- Irving’s steals prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.1 steals greater than his season average of 1.4.
- The Mavericks go-to guy, Doncic, leads the team in both scoring (28.5 points per game) and assists (8.9 assists per game).
- Doncic’s points prop total for the game is set at 28.5, equal to his season average of 28.5.
- Kristaps Porzingis collects all of the boards and is the Dallas leader in rebounds, grabbing 9.1 per game.
- Porzingis’ rebounding prop over/under for the matchup is posted at 10.5 rebounds, 1.4 rebounds greater than his season average of 9.1.
- Doncic makes more threes per game than any other member of the Mavericks, cashing in 3.0 treys per game.
- Doncic’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.5 shots lower than his season average of 3.0.
- Dallas’ Doncic has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.0 per game and Porzingis is first in blocks with 1.4 per game.
- Doncic’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.5 steals greater than his season average of 1.0.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from