A game after he put up 48 points in a 127-120 win over the Nuggets, Bojan Bogdanovic leads the Utah Jazz (49-18) at home against the Houston Rockets (16-51) as 14.5-point favorites. The matchup, which airs on SportsNet RM, tips at 10:00 PM ET on Saturday, May 8, 2021. The over/under is set at 227 for the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of May 8, 2021, 6:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Jazz vs Rockets Betting Odds
Jazz vs Rockets Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of May 8
Juwan Morgan: Out (Heel),
Mike Conley: Out (Hamstring),
Donovan Mitchell: Out (Ankle)
Christian Wood: Out (Ankle),
David Nwaba: Out (Wrist),
Dante Exum: Out (Calf),
Eric Gordon: Out (Groin),
Avery Bradley: Out (Personal),
Sterling Brown: Out (Knee),
D.J. Augustin: Day To Day (Ankle),
John Wall: Out For Season (Hamstring),
Kevin Porter Jr.: Out (Ankle),
Jae’Sean Tate: Out (Health protocols),
D.J. Wilson: Out (Health and Safety Protocols)
Jazz and Rockets Records ATS
- Utah is over .500 against the spread this season with a record of 39-27-1.
- When favored by at least 14.5 points, the Jazz are 2-2 against the spread in 2020-21.
- Utah and its opponents have outscored the set over/under in 46.3% of its games this season (31/67).
- Houston has a 23-43-1 record ATS this season.
- 44.8% of Houston’s 67 games this season have topped the over/under.
Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Head to Head
In their last meeting, the Jazz defeated the Rockets 112-89. Jordan Clarkson led the Jazz with 22 points, and John Wall paced the Rockets with 21. The Jazz covered the spread as 11.5-point favorites, and the teams scored 201 total points to fall short of the 224-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|4/21/2021||Jazz||Rockets||-11.5||224||-704||499||Regular Season||112-89 UTA*|
|3/12/2021||Jazz||Jazz||-19||229.5||-4625||1553||Regular Season||114-99 UTA*|
Rockets: Victor Oladipo, Christian Wood, John Wall
- In Utah’s matchups this season, the Jazz and their opponents have eclipsed Saturday’s over/under of 227 points 29 times (43.3% of opportunities).
- In 28 out of Houston’s 67 games this season (41.8%), the competing teams combined for a higher point total than the point total in Saturday’s matchup.
- This season the average total for Jazz games is 223.9 points, 3.1 fewer than the over/under of 227 points for this contest.
- Rockets’ games have an over/under of 224.2 points this season, 2.8 points fewer than the total points bet for this matchup.
- The Jazz have an average implied point total of 116 this season, which is five points lower than their implied total in Saturday’s game (121).
- Utah has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (121) 21 times this season.
- The Rockets’ average implied point total on the season (115.7 points) is 9.7 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (106 points).
- This season, Houston has scored more than this game’s implied total of 106 points 36 times.
- The Jazz are at the third spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (116.6 PPG), while the Rockets allow the 27th-fewest points per game (116) in the league.
- The Jazz have totaled 630 more points than their opponents this season (9.4 per game on average), while the Rockets have been out-scored by 526 total points (7.8 per game average differential).
- Donovan Mitchell leads the Jazz scoring 26.4 points per game.
- Mitchell’s points prop total for the game is set at 28.5, 2.1 points higher than his season average of 26.4.
- Utah is led in rebounding by Rudy Gobert’s 13.3 rebounds per game and assisting by Mike Conley’s 6.0 assists per game .
- Gobert’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 27.5, 1.4 lower than his season average of 28.9.
- Mitchell knocks down 3.4 threes per game to lead the Jazz.
- Mitchell’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 3.5, 0.1 shots greater than his season average of 3.4.
- Utah’s blocks leader is Gobert, who collects 2.8 per game. Conley leads the team averaging 1.4 steals a game.
- Gobert’s blocks prop total for the game is set at 2.5, 0.3 blocks lower than his season average of 2.8.
- Christian Wood is at the top of the Rockets scoring and rebounding leaderboards with 21.0 points per game and 9.6 rebounds per game this season.
- Wood’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 37.5, 5.2 higher than his season average of 32.3.
- Wall has the title of Houston assist leader, dishing out 6.9 assists per game this season.
- Wall’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 27.5, 3.2 less than his season average of 30.7.
- Eric Gordon makes more threes per game than any other member of the Rockets, cashing in 2.6 treys per game.
- Gordon’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.1 shots less than his season average of 2.6.
- Nobody on Houston grabs more steals than Jae’Sean Tate (1.3 per game) or blocks more shots than Wood (1.2 per game).
- Tate’s steals prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.2 steals higher than his season average of 1.3.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from